Robots

Since I've been working on high throughput biological image analysis looking for patterns and modeling 3D visualizations, I've been reading about computer vision. Beside the beauty of mathematical formulations for image processing, I found many related papers about robotics and the impressive development of robots which a specific use.

Reading this Gizmodo article I noticed the Hirose-Fukushima Robotics Lab at Tokyo Tech, check the movies section for examples of their fantastic robots like this:



I always like the robots in SciFi, from R2D2 to Megatron, but when you see the actual research in robotics, you can believe in a close future we'll have more sophisticated robots (complete robots, not only robotics arms or autonomous vehicles).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ubuntu Cluster - Slave nodes

PS3 cluster