Hippocratic Oath for Scientists

When I graduate from University I recited the Engineer Oath, now, as a researcher, I consider this must be implemented in all research centers:

"I promise never to allow financial gain, competitiveness or ambition cloud my judgment in the conduct of ethical research and scholarship. I will pursue knowledge and create knowledge for the greater good, but never to the detriment of colleagues, supervisors, research subjects or the international community of scholars of which I am now a member."

A group of people at the Institute of Medical Science at University of Toronto in Canada wrote a scientist's version of the Hippocratic oath. This oath (above) was recited by all graduate students in the biological sciences at the beginning of the 2007-2008 academic year.

From: http://scienceblogs.com/grrlscientist/2008/06/hippocratic_oath_for_scientist.php
and must read it: http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v453/n7198/full/453980a.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PS3 cluster

Ubuntu Cluster - Slave nodes